Saturday, April 9, 2011

Less is More

I was just thinking about how little food I actually need to meet the daily need. I have plenty of stored fluff to pull from, so apparently I don't need too much right now. When I think back a few months to when I got back on track with the intentional eating, I was eating a small fraction of what I had been eating in a day, and even that wasn't anywhere near what the average intake seems to be.

Today I had 2 cinnamon rolls (a few hours apart) and about a cup of fried potatoes with egg, onion, cheese, and bacon. That's all I've needed, and I feel neither full nor hungry, just comfortable. I hate feeling full. Honestly, I prefer emptiness to fullness if I had to choose one.

I find I really like being out of the habit of overeating. I'm drinking mostly fresh-squeezed lemonade lately, so I haven't been drinking much soda at all (or really much of anything else). The lemon is very healthy, so I feel good about drinking it. And it certainly tastes great! Steve has been squeezing the lemons with our electric juicer.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this or not, but one of the steps toward better health we have taken as a family this week was getting rid of our microwave. Yep, it's gone. Read some studies on the effects of radiation on food, people, and what eating microwaved food does to those who consume it. Yeah, not liking that. So out it went.

Overall, I'm feeling pretty good about finding more ways to simplify, cut down, focus in. It feels very much like a step in the right direction.

1 comment:

  1. Just this weekend Hubby and I decided to simplify in all areas of our life. Not sure I could let go of the microwave just yet.. but a lot less stuff for sure.
    I have a huge garden. Have learned lots about container gardening for small apartments and condos or people with small backyards. And they are self watering. We need that with our fl. heat.
    Will be praying for you and your healthy changes. Talk with you soon.
    Amy in Florida

    ReplyDelete