Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Starting Again

Intentionality has not been my strong suit over the past couple of months.

I've been doing a lot of thinking, but not a lot of acting on those thoughts. But slowly God has been working on some things in me, and I think some sort of plan may be taking shape.

One of the main things I feel like I'm being nudged to do is to read Lysa TerKeurst's Made to Crave. I plan to buy it next weekend from Sam's Club. I've picked it up several times to peruse it, but haven't listened to the little voice telling me to buy it, take it home, read it, practice it, make it part of my fabric. I've been nervous about it, mostly out of just plain reticence to follow through with obedience.

I had a really bad day emotionally yesterday, and as a result I hardly ate anything at all (maybe half a cup of BLT in a bowl and a few bites of pie all day). I noticed (duh) how much better I felt (particularly my tummy), which gave me a bit of an impetus (because plain old obedience didn't kick in first, but it's coming) to carry the intentional eating into today, only a few bites at a time when I'm truly hungry. It's amazing how much healthier I feel.

There are moments when I wonder if I'm putting too much spiritual emphasis on this whole thing, and moments when I wonder if it's enough. I think I will be better able to answer that after reading Lysa's book. Meanwhile, I would like to do my best to reestablish healthy eating habits.

I'm already off to a decent start. Steve put the spaghetti on my plate tonight--too much for me for one moderate meal. I left half of it there.

And so I prayerfully move forward, eyes on Him, trusting Him to help me back onto the right path.

The one where I'm walking beside Him and aware of His presence, His filling, my hunger for Him.

Food will never fulfill the craving for more and more of Him.

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, the fact that you can even hear that voice is great! SO many people don't even hear it or don't pay attention to it. I think it sounds like you are on a great road! Obedience is a struggle ... I feel like I am constantly dealing with obedience issues. The times that I do follow through and do what He asks, the reward is so great. Keep up the good work and stay intent on listening to that little voice ... Him! It's the voice that is the one that challenges you, asks you to step out of your comfort zone and feel uneasy that is Him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am there currently, working through it also :-(, feels like an on-going battle!

    ReplyDelete