Tuesday, November 30, 2010

52: After Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was awesome, in spite of car issues that stranded us at home and necessitated a most daring and spectacular rescue by Trevor. We all went to Nana & Papa's for dinner and were all together at least for a little while before Luke had to go to work. We really enjoyed the time together, and of course the food was amazing. I think I probably ate to a 5 (full but not over-full), whereas I normally eat to a 3 or 4 while I'm releasing excess weight. But I still seem to be on track, so all is well. Thanksgiving leftovers are a weakness for me, so I've been making the effort to stay obedient and delay eating any extra amount until the next meal.

One thing I was sharply reminded of a couple of days ago--Sunday, I think, when we went straight from church over to help the kids move and then I came home and cooked and took supper back over there for everyone--was that I cannot go long periods of time without eating. My tummy shrinks even further, and it makes it really hard to digest what I eat. When I feel like I'm starving, I eat too fast, too, which isn't good. The other issue is when I eat late at night I wake up feeling like I ate rocks. Not a good feeling. So lessons learned. Moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment