Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 27 - His Timing Is Perfect

Surprisingly, I caught up on my reading last night. None too soon, either, with four days left in the 30-day "program". I plan to move right on to the Thin Again book afterward.

I guess the upside to having had a seriously emotional week is the blessing of having come through it without being derailed regarding the intuitive eating and focus on God that I've been working to maintain in TW. The weird thing is that I haven't so much as thought of overeating. It has become a foreign concept to me, actually so distasteful an idea that it doesn't occur to me to do so. It would only be making an already bad situation worse.

I'd really like to be less stressed. My daughter wrote on her Facebook last night that she wants to be worry-free again. That made me cry. If anyone in this world deserves to not be stressed out, it's her. God bless her precious heart. She inspires me every day.

I'm wearing jeans I haven't worn in so long I can't remember the last time. The kids and I went for a walk earlier and enjoyed the cool weather and the breeze. I'm sure my quietness was probably a bit of a downer for them, but they didn't complain. I'm a lucky mom.

God has such a cool way of working things out in the perfect timing. I didn't think I was going to catch up on my reading, but I did last night. Today, the reading (the one meant for today, which I wouldn't have seen today had I not caught up) was spot-on for things I'm dealing with right now. I've had that happen often with Beth Moore's books and studies, but it still caught me by surprise this time. I love the way He reaches in and speaks to me through things I read, and the circumstances under which such times occur I presume is just part of his Great Mystery.

A couple of times I've started to reach for something and pop it in my mouth because it was there and I like it. Both times, I said (out loud, even, I think), "Nope. I don't eat when I'm not truly hungry." It was quick and easy and so natural I almost didn't even make much note of it until just now as I was writing about my day.

Did I mention that I'm loving wearing clothes I haven't been able to wear in years? I only have a couple of pairs of pants left in the top of the closet that still won't quite fit. Once I get below 12's, my choices will be a little more limited since I didn't keep very many of my size 8 or 10 clothes. The last time I lost all that weight and got down to a 6-8, I lucked out and a friend was getting rid of two giant outdoor garbage bags full of all size 8 clothes. She literally handed me an entire wardrobe. What a blessing! I know God will provide again. I'm looking forward to having that problem. I can't wait until I can fit into my favorite size 8 denim skirt.

I put my engagement ring back on with my wedding band today. For a while I couldn't even wear the band, but a while back I was able to put it back on. A couple of weeks ago I added back the sapphire ring my mother bought me, and my engagement ring today. 

1 comment:

  1. Well done you - I have currently lost a lot of weight after having Lydia (who'd have thought!!!), and am having the same problem; I don't think I have been this size since High School!!!!!

    ReplyDelete