Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 24

In the TW book I keep seeing mention of how sometimes we choose our own way instead of God's, with examples like "eating that third doughnut", or "eating a whole package of cookies at once". What's crazy is that the notion of eating that much at once is now so foreign to me it makes me wonder how I ever used to eat what I ate. And this goes back a good ten years, since after my tummy shrinkage the first time I did TW I was never able to eat nearly as much as I had before. But now? I find myself asking, do people really eat three doughnuts or a whole package of cookies at one time? I know that sounds silly, but I honestly sit here wondering that when I read those things.

This isn't me being self-righteous--this is me being incredulous. I'm lucky if I eat HALF of a doughnut, and one cookie is plenty. Even if I wanted more than that, my tummy wouldn't hold it. I get that same feeling of disbelief when I watch TV or see billboards depicting people with meals the size most restaurants serve. That's like four or five (if not more) meals in a single plate! I will definitely have to ask for a go-box along with my meal the next time we go out to eat, although lately Steve and I have been sharing meals a lot so we will likely continue to do that. It's silly to order two or three times the food we need.

I have to say I am glad that very rarely do I even think I might want more than, say, half a cup to one cup of food at any given time. Even on those rare occasions where I think I might want more than that, I always end up eating less than I thought I wanted. I remember the first time I did TW, even in the first couple of weeks into the program I would eat half the food on my plate and push the plate away and say, "Okay, God, this is yours."

No comments:

Post a Comment