Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 14 Ends Week 2

I've had a couple of pretty tough days hormonally, which is normal for me. I think I was subconsciously hoping all my hormonal woes would disappear with being back on track. Oh, well. Maybe eventually. Guess I shouldn't be surprised, and definitely shouldn't complain, since considering my age it's a miracle I'm not in the throes of menopause yet. Ack. Don't even want to think about that.

Today was the first time since I started two weeks ago that I actually felt a desire to eat something just because my mouth wanted it even though my tummy wasn't hungry. It was thin crust pepperoni pizza, fresh from the oven, and it smelled and looked amazing. I wrapped up a piece for later, but didn't give in and eat it like I wanted to.

I think I had reached a point where I thought I was going to get to skip the part where temptation was really tough to grapple with. I haven't felt that this whole time until now. This is also the first pang of self-pity I've experienced over not being able to just pig out without caring like so many people seem to be able to do--some with seemingly little if any consequences. If not pig out, at least eat a teeny flipping piece of pizza just because it looks and smells great! I actually feel a little bit angry, but I'll get over it. There were bound to be hard parts.

Dailies:

Food:
  • 2/3 Chik-Fil-A sandwich, 1 waffle fry
  • 1/2 cup chicken salad with crackers

Activity: Brisk-walked for 30 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment