Monday, October 18, 2010

Day Nine Sunshine :)

My challenge for this week is drinking more water. Not obsessing about how much, but trying to get back into the habit of having water be my intuitive go-to drink. It usually takes me a week or two of pushing it on myself to regain my natural thirst; once that happens, it's much easier to consume healthier amounts of it during a day.

I was thinking today about how my focus has so completely shifted away from food, and how that is affecting my normal operation in the home. I have to consciously remind myself to bake the bread (which I normally do daily, with few exceptions), and I'm not constantly on the hunt for a new recipe to chop up and remake into something all my own. My hope is that once I'm really in the groove with all of this adjustment, things will balance back out to where I can find a happy place in the middle where my passion for cooking coexists alongside my sensibilities regarding food consumption.

The great thing about TW is that it supports the truth that God intended for food to be enjoyable in moderation, which means I don't have to choose between love of food and cooking, and living a healthy and fit lifestyle. No deprivation--just appreciation of all things in moderation. Sounds like a winning plan to me.

Food:
  • 1 chocolate chip cookie
  • 1/2 cup grilled chicken salad with crackers
  • 1-cup meal (sm. fried chicken tender, mashed potatoes & gravy, baby carrots, chicken & yellow rice)
Water: 16 oz.
    Activity: Brisk-walked for 30 minutes

    No comments:

    Post a Comment