Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day Five

I couldn't think of a cute title that didn't sound dorky (Day Five, and I'm Feeling Alive! or some such nonsense like that), so I'm leaving it just plain "Day Five".

Kind of a funny thing: It's nearly 10:30am and I haven't felt truly hungry yet. I refuse to eat anything until my body says to. I'm sure it won't be long before I'm hearing a growl.

It feels almost weird feeling motivated to get out and walk. I really need better walking/running shoes. Might have to fix that this weekend. Don't want to damage my ankles (which are actually a tad sore), and as Rosie found out last night, flip-flops are not the fitness-walking footwear of choice. She has a blood-blister on the end of her big toe. I was telling Steve last night that I wouldn't even mind starting to walk in the mornings. Think I can drag my night-owl, I-loathe-mornings daughter out of bed to walk with me that early?

Gosh, it feels great no longer being a slave to food. By working with my body's design, I feel like I've put control back in the hands of its Creator where it belongs. It's only been five days, but I already feel so much better, and in many ways.

I finally got a growl at around 11:30am. The next one came at about 2pm. It's now 3 and I'm feeling pretty content. It's funny how I haven't had candy in 5 or 6 days, not because I'm purposefully avoiding it, but because it isn't what my body is calling for. I have a jar full of Reese's cup miniatures in the fridge that I bought over a week ago, and I forgot they were there. Matt found them, though, so they might not be there for long. :)

Walked twice around the block with Steve. Had to slow the pace a bit because even though my Croc flip-flops are way more comfortable than my sneakers, they still make my shins hurt if I walk too briskly. Yeah, I definitely need new walking shoes.

Dailies:

Food:
  • 1 cup salad
  • 1/4 cup mashed potatoes with gravy
  • 1/2 oz. grilled chicken
  • 4 nacho chips with salsa

Activity: Brisk-walked for 20 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment