Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day Seven? Already?

Hard to believe it's really been 7 days. I feel so much better, it feels like longer. I've been trying to catch up in my Thin Within book, but it's no biggie because I remembered so many of the principles from before, all of the ones I'm currently reading about are ones I've been doing since I restarted. I'd still like to catch up, though, just because in some circumstances I can be methodical like that.

My tummy woke me up growling at 6am, so I ate a couple of bites of applesauce to shut it up. It's been behaving since then, so I'll probably be getting another nudge pretty soon since it's almost 10. Right now I'm enjoying my morning coffee.
-   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   
We had a good time hanging out at Luke & Lakin's. Luke ended up being there the whole time, and Lakin and Laura and Caleb came back early so we got to hang out for a while. Laura told me she reads my blogs. I heart her a whole bunch!

I made a couple of pans of homemade rolls this evening. I'm taking some of them to Nana & Papa's for dinner tomorrow after church. The whole house smells like fresh-baked bread.

Steve and I were talking during our walk tonight about some of the feelings I've kind of buried regarding my mother's death. I'm trying to work through some of the little bit of denial that is still hanging around five years after, and as always Steve is an amazing listener and counselor. He mostly listens and supports, which is what I need most. I know he adored my mama, which really makes it a lot easier to talk to him about the deeper things.

Food:
A couple of bites of applesauce
2 small slices thin crust cheese pizza
About a cup total, turkey taco meat and salsa with nacho chips

Activity:
Brisk-walked for 30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment