Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day Four - Visualizing the Positive

I have had a mild headache all day. I'm actually surprised it took this long to show up, given the dramatic change in my eating habits. I'm sure my body is reacting to WAY less consumption of sweets.

My clothes are already slightly looser. Sounds crazy, but I can tell. And I have to say, I am really liking it. God is so awesome to allow me to see results so quickly, knowing how much it motivates me to keep going knowing I am heading in the right direction. He is amazing.

I have a bin of smaller clothing that I put away as the weight started coming back, and though I have started several times to donate them, something always prevented me from doing so. I was thinking about putting the bin in our bedroom where I can see it often, just as a beacon of what I will eventually reach. I am sad to say that not so long ago I actually believed I would never use them again.

Afterword:
I opened the bin today and pulled out some of the clothes I know I won't be wearing again because of style. What really surprised me was that I put ON my very favorite pair of khaki capris, which are size 10, and although I couldn't come close to zipping them, I actually got them UP, which from a size 16 a few weeks ago, I think is pretty miraculous! I put a few things back in the bin that I know will take a little while yet, and a few I don't think will be too far off I put in the closet for another try in a few weeks. I put a pair of black stretchy capris on and they were so comfortable I kept them on. :)

Steve and I are walking after supper, then I plan to walk again with Rosie after dance. It's good to have energy again!

NOTE: I'm regularly including what I eat in a day not to count calories or fat grams, nor to have it act as a food log like many diets call for. This is simply a record of what I eat, for myself.

Today's Cumulative Total:
1/2 cup of beef/vegetable soup
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 granola bar
2.5 oz. grilled chicken
1/4 cup green beans
1/4 cup mashed potatoes with brown gravy
1 cup tossed salad

I walked around the block once with Steve and Ollie, and then another time around with Rosie after dance. She hit her toe on a broken piece of sidewalk, so we just went around once. Ollie isn't a good walk-taker, so I probably won't be taking him on a regular basis. He wants to pee on literally every yard we pass, so forget about any kind of pace with him along. I will take Steve again, though. I heart walking with him. :)

In case my blogging pattern hasn't yet become clear, my tendency is to do a post that I edit throughout the day, adding and amending as the day goes on. Just mentioning that so all my millions of readers (ha!) know that the daily posts aren't complete until later in the day.

Oh, something else that occurred to me today. I have a couple of profile pictures I tend to use often, and the reason I use them is because I think they look like the "real me". I was thinking about that tonight, and was actually talking to Rosie a little bit about it, and it hit me that I really need to look like the "real me"--the one I see in my mind's eye as the me I like. Maybe in a future post I will describe her. I want to give it some thought first.

No comments:

Post a Comment